Sunday, June 14, 2009

House is Demolished on Accident

Beware if the power box on the side of your house mysteriously disappears. A crew may be about to demolish your house. That's exactly what happened to a family in Sandy Springs, Georgia. The company that tore down the house wasn't given an address, map, or even a picture. They opted for the more high-tech way: GPS coordinates.

[WSBTV.com]

The demolition company said it had paperwork.

"I said, ‘Paperwork for what?' and he said, ‘For the house, to demolish the house.' I said, ‘I'm the owner of the house, I haven't given anybody any authority to demolish this house,'" said [the homeowner]....

"I said, ‘What address did you have?' and he said, ‘They sent me some GPS coordinates.' I said, ‘Don't you have an address?' (and) he said, ‘Yes, my GPS coordinates led me right to this address here and this house was described,'" said [the homeowner].

[The homeowner] said he suspects the intended target was actually across the road.

The man who cuts the grass told Byrd about a month ago that the power box was missing and there were holes punched into the walls. They both thought it was vandalism. Now, Byrd believes it was part of the preparation for the demolition.
It appears that from reading the article nobody was living in the house at the time.

I'd make some joke that maybe this was a woman's idea, but I think the blame lies directly on a man.

0 comments: