Thursday, June 18, 2009

Detroit's Best

This is what the man-log is all about. I spend way too much time watching way too many youtube videos and then rewatching them until I find the exact video that highlights the original video that was a little long or... you get the point. I waste time so you don't have to. It took a while but I uncovered 3 really good originals films of Eminem, Biggie, and Tupac freestyling. No music videos or directors but real footage before they were big time. (Eminem's was post fame but is still real freestyle)

You tell me who you think is the best..

Eminem




Biggie



Tupac





Final thoughts.

a) Biggie has by far the best rythm. Even without music, he was just flowing.
b) Tupac is the most raw talent who eventually refined his passion into lyrical genius
c) Eminem has always been mentally disturbed but man he is a genius. His unique style and flow is amazing. I hate the guy but you can't deny his ability to make it happen.

2 comments:

spoon said...

"truly, a sight to behold"

Jacob said...

Thanks for the post. It took me back to the days that I was doing reports on 50 cent for Humanities 101. I'll give my vote to Biggie. I love the crowd and their reaction. I do agree that Eminem's a genius though.