Friday, March 13, 2009

Texting Insanity

Blake has met his match. I think he holds the record among friends for the most texts in 1 month: around 3000. Well, that's nothing compared to this 13-year-old: She racked up over 14,000 texts in one month. That's an average of one every 2 minutes during waking hours. That's not all that's amazing...

[New York Post]"The California man's 13-year-old daughter, Reina, racked up an astonishing 14,528 text messages in one month. The online AT&T statement ran 440 pages.

It works out to 484 text messages a day, or one every two minutes of every waking hour.

Luckily, Hardesty has a phone plan that allows unlimited texting for $30 a month. Otherwise, he estimates, he would have owed AT&T $2,905.60 at a rate of 20 cents per message.

Her parents have since placed restrictions on Reina's cellphone use; she cannot text after dinner."


Weak! The Man-Log now has a new competition. Who can beat her record?



5 comments:

Obisppo said...

Alright....I want names of the two who've txt'd more than 1K msgs / month. That's insane.

Darren said...

My wife's cousin had a total sent/received of 20,000 in one month.

Blake Hillstead said...

Just checked last month's texting - 1900 - a pretty average month - however, I check stocks using google (466453) so it's inflated - sometimes if i'm bored in class i'll see how many stock tickers i can check just for fun - don't worry, besides my wife and a few close friends, i am not freakish about it - but the speed at which i text, approx. 40-50 words a minute (just tested off of a random CNN.com article - 43) - is freakish and i'm not proud of it.

spoon said...

john, i have texted 1700 in a month, and regularly do 800-1100

Obisppo said...

Alright...as much as I try to stay relavent and convince myself I'm with Gen Y I think I just proved to myself that no matter how hard I try I'm stuck as a Gen X and therefore am now out of date (read: old.)

That being said, It's probably a good time to stop asking myself what I want to do when I grow up and just face the music I am where I am. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.