Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blake Builds a Computer

As my first post, I'm going to go out on a limb and try to emulate the one and only Spoon. In an effort to honor his extreme and aw-inspiring computer/technology/tin-foil-covered-antennas-on-top-of-rain-tree-to-get-free-HD-season-5-of-24 intelligence, I've decided to build my own computer from the ground up. Here's why:

  1. Because we don't have a desktop and my wife has to go to King County Library system to check her e-mail during the day (i take laptop for school)
  2. Because it is an amazing learning experience
  3. Because I'm sick of buying computers with generic components that last shorter than a rally in the stock market. Here's my specs: Gonna be sweet - eta 2 weeks:
Here's the breakdown:

Processor/Motherboard - $280.00 Free Shipping

Case - $70.00 Free Shipping

Memory - $55.00 Free Shipping

Video Card - $32.00 + $7.00 Shipping

Case Fan - 2 x $2.00 + Shipping



Most recent photo of me.....



Hard Drive - $60.00 Free Shipping

CD/DVD Burner - $26.00 Free Shipping

Keyboard & Mouse - $45.00 Free Shipping

Monitor - $175.00 - Free Shipping

Speakers - $90.00 - Free Shipping


TOTAL: $837.00!!! Not bad!

3 comments:

Alex B said...

I had to add that photo blake... it's priceless. Good first post. Solid... come back anytime.

spoon said...

thanks for the photo add, alex.

ok, blake, that was a formatting nightmare! i hyperlinked everything and made it more readable.

spoon said...

I have to say that is going to be one bangin' system. that thing will be super fast, esp if its runnin tinyXP or tinyVista