Friday, January 2, 2009

After time, geeky things become cool

So I clicked on the link of MSN's viral videos of 2008. Among the top 5 videos was this link. My experience played out like this. Good luck on your journey....

0 - 45 secs - What the heck is this guy doing? Is he serious? Why do I still watch this? But for some reason, I continue I trudge forward.

52 secs - Alright, more then just him dancing... he's got my attention.... let's see where he goes from here.

2 minutes plus - The dance begins to grow on me, no longer am I annoyed but I am picturing how I could pull this off at my next dance party. I am enthralled with what's happening before my eyes. (Is this all it takes to become famous)

3 minutes 20 secs - By this time I am stuck on thought that this guy obviously comes from money or won the lotto. Therefore he can do whatever he wants while traveling the world? And this is what he chooses?

3 minutes 21 secs - I am jealous of this rich nerd.

4 minutes - I am currently looking at expedia and google maps. I am planning my worldwide dance party. Who wants in?

Random Notes/Trivia -

Places Visited - 62 (That's ridiculous, if you know how far he traveled and how distinct the cultures are... amazing)

* 1 minute 9 secs - Please turn your attention to the far right! (Australia's finest)

** Please fast forward to Min 3:20 and wait for Atlanta, GA. And there is American's finest. Is this all we American's can think of? I'm embarrassed.

*** I like his originality of his dance, but what if he had hundreds of people doing the robot? The moonwalk? MC Hammer? Is there a cooler dance he could have done.

I'm spent.


If you click through and watch this video on youtube, there's a link to watch the video in HD just on the bottom right of the video.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

So at the end of the video it says the video was created by Matt Harding. Thanks to Wikipedia, we have some more insight into this man:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Harding

spoon said...

Embedded the video from youtube for better quality because it was widescreen without the bars across the bottom. Also, shrunk the size of the video to fit the blog format. also, added another one his videos.

spoon said...

If you love watching dancing Matt, check out his other video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNF_P281Uu4