Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where did Evolution go wrong with Cats?


We live in the 'ghetto' of a pretty nice town, which means instead of murders and gangs walking our streets, we have to deal with something almost worse, stray cats. They are everywhere, they smell, they scare the crap out of me and megs when were walking up our stairs, and they pee on our door step! It's horrible, which got me thinking....

I will openly admit that I want to be a cat guy! (Please keep reading, just trust me and hear me out on this one) But I'll be the first to admit that there the worst pet animals ever. There lazy, they sleep all day, there never around, they don't play fetch, and you can't take them to the woods, mountains, camping, or even a walk. I mean there is really nothing appealing about cats. But I want to pose the question that needs asking. WHY?!? I mean, think about it. The jaguar, the Bobcat, the panther, the cheetah, the tiger, and the lion - All incredible animals that anyone, man or women will agree that they are some of the coolest animals on earth, across the board. Their predatory attitude in the wild along with their uncanny speed, agile movements, and so much more makes them so unique and fun to watch. We pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch them in caged scenarios, let alone on the discovery channels. But when it comes to their little brother, we shoo them, we ignore them, and we simply despise them. Isn't this is the equivalent of having Erkel be the little brother of Fonzi. It just doesn't make sense to me. Somewhere along the line, someone started breeding the runts of the bobcat family. I mean, there has to be a logical explanation. I want to know what happened? Where did evolution take the wrong turn? When and where did these cats become boring? When did they become the stray nuisance that they are? I just want answers!!! I want to know why having a cat isn't like having a miniature jaguar or cheetah walking around my house!

1 comments:

presidentsdaddy said...

blame the egyptians....!?!